Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, this position is for an enthusiastic individual who has a desire to be a key contributor in a small, high performing team to drive communications excellence and innovation throughout Dynacare. The Manager will be energized by designing, delivering and evaluating internal and external communications programs and initiatives that support company business goals, strategy, corporate culture and values.
- Plan, develop and project manage integrated communications programs and initiatives to build corporate profile, support strategic priorities, and facilitate an informed, engaged and motivated workforce.
- Develop and execute innovative and effective media pitches to secure media interest and generate positive coverage on Dynacare.
- Assist in the planning, delivery and evaluation of social media programs.
- Provide expert communication advice and support to Directors and Managers in communicating projects, programs and change initiatives.
- Produce engaging content that connects with and engages audiences across a variety of communications vehicles, including the online newsletter, announcements, presentations, speaking notes, media pitches and news releases.
- In collaboration with key internal partners, identify and implement approaches to engage employees, support change management and business growth.
- Actively support culture by fostering cross-functional collaboration and teamwork.
- Ensure the measurement and evaluation of communications programs and deliverables.
- Manage and mentor one direct report in their professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the delivery of the communications program.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism.
- 5-10 years of working experience in a corporate communications role, with a demonstrated track record in developing and implementing communications plans and materials.
- Excellent understanding and execution of CP Style guidelines
- Creative storyteller with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Track record of successfully developing and pitching stories to media, and experience developing and managing a media relations editorial calendar.
- Strong understanding of social media best practice.
- Self-starter with proactive ability to see opportunities, initiate projects and own their development and delivery.
- Positive attitude with excellent relationship-building and collaboration skills.
- Strong commitment to quality with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and work under pressure in an environment with multiple deadlines.
- People management and mentoring experience.
- Bilingualism (English/French) a definite asset.
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.