At Dynacare, we are focused on supporting healthy lives of Canadians with commitment and care. Every day our employees impact the lives of tens of thousands of patients and healthcare providers across Canada by delivering high-quality laboratory and health services. If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to have a positive impact on the lives of others, Dynacare may be the place for you!
As we grow and diversify our business, we’re looking for a highly motivated leader to take us to the next level. Your leadership skills will help us motivate and build high-performing teams who provide amazing customer experiences to our patients. If you strive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment, this opportunity may be for you!
As the liaison between our service centres in Winnipeg, Manitoba and the executive leadership, you will be accountable for the day-to-day operations of 12-15 locations within the region. You will be highly involved in actively building your teams – hiring, training, and developing your team members. This is a full-time role.
- 3+ years Leadership experience in a high paced, customer focused environment (required).
- Proven ability to drive amazing customer experiences and results through team development.
- Effectively managing multiple commitments to customers, staff and operations while meeting competing deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to challenges while remaining calm in a constantly changing environment.
- Degree or Diploma in a health care field, Business, Marketing or other related field, or equivalent experience.
- Manage staff with the assistance of the Team Leads both directly and indirectly with the interview and hiring process, training, and performance management of staff including providing staff development and continuing education opportunities.
- Proactively engage in performance management activities for the team: by conducting development and performance coaching sessions, performance appraisals, and where required, work in conjunction with Human Resources to address performance issues to create corrective action plans.
- Proactively engage in recognition activities with your team of employees.
- Effectively administer human resource programs to help foster an environment of positive employee relations, empowerment and involvement while working in compliance with established human resources policies and practices.
- Develop a rapport with all employees and management by practicing fair and equitable treatment of all staff in all interactions.
- Develop strategies to maintain efficient operation of Laboratory and Health Services Centers while maintaining and fostering a strong team environment.
- Conduct metric reviews of area LHSC’s to ensure key indicators of cost, quality, delivery, safety and customer experience are being met or exceeded, and introduce corrective actions where required.
- Constantly review and implement new processes to drive continuous improvement in the operation. Leading cross-functional/change initiatives related to the improving patient experience.
- Keep informed of new trends, developments, laws and regulations, and technology with respect to the health care industry and related discipline, and movement of competitors and external clients.
- Implement, evaluate, and, if necessary, adjust the strategic plan to meet changing business needs.
- Analyze patient volumes and reports on efficient operation of the department. Interpret and report on budget variances and develop strategies for maintaining budget costs and FTES.
- Participate in senior staff meetings to coordinate departmental goals and objectives with those of the organization as a whole.
- Monitor compliance; collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and statistics.
- Work collaboratively within a team of LHSC Managers to ensure a standardized national approach to processes, procedures and systems.
- Provide superior customer centric experience with every interaction.
- Implement customer service strategies and processes, deliver training programs to staff and implement KPIs to effectively monitor and improve upon customer service strategies.
- Investigate customer complaints using root cause analysis methodology and implement preventative action.
- Responsible to maintain a strong working relationship with local area physicians with respect to the quality of work LHSC’s and exceed Patient/Customer Experiences with Dynacare.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of technical procedures as they apply to laboratory testing, shipment logistics and specimen collection.
- Knowledge of all applicable laboratory regulatory requirements.
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Lean Six Sigma and/or Change Management training.
- Strong analytical skills.
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuos Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.