Dynacare is currently looking for a Data Architect to join their team in Brampton, Ontario. This is a full-time position working 5 days per week, 7.5 hours per day.
The Data Architect will be a hands on individual with ability design and and develop optimal data models individually or within a team. He/She will be accountable for design and delivery of best practices data models, while ensuring the models can be easily integrated and progressive, so we can start utilizing quality data as soon as possible. He/She will define and deliver on the best practices for data collection, preparation, storage, retrieval, management and governance within the enterprise in accordance with industry best practices and in compliance with various legislations. In addition to leading the architecture models for Analytics, the Data Architect will provide education and communication to ensure that all team members within the ITSS portfolio and outside the portfolio understand the new model, follow standards, and best practices.
- Define, create and deliver enterprise data models for systems within Dynacare. This includes current and future data models
- Document and develop logical and physical information and data models, including data standards, controls, definitions, flow diagrams, all encompassed as meta-data management
- Model and articulate relationships between systems, data entities, and elements
- Develop and maintain data architecture at the contextual, conceptual, logical, and physical levels
- Support the development and communication of data management strategies, principles, standards, guidelines, and best practices at the enterprise level
- Participate in metadata management, data stewardship, data quality, data infrastructure and data governance initiatives
- Identify, analyze and translate business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments
- Conduct and participate as required in industry research on information management trends and standards, master data management, data services, metadata management, data quality, and data governance
- Liaise with Development, Data Analytics and Master File management teams, business stakeholders, subject matter experts and external vendors to lead initiatives related to all aspects of database design, implementation and optimization, information retrieval, transformation and integration within Dynacare domain
- Develop and maintain documentation encompassing enterprise data structures, objects and metadata definitions, enterprise and application data models, data flow diagrams and system integrations
- Provide training and knowledge transfer on any new data frameworks, models and policies introduced
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA Computer Science or related field
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling techniques, tools and approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge of BI, Data Warehouse and Big data Technologies
- Understanding of data governance, master data management best practices
- Experience applying data security policies and knowledge of data privacy practices and law
- Knowledge of major and complex production application systems used for delivery of services
- Excellent knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles and practice
- Hands-on experience with multi-platform database administration and development
- Proven experience in business domain modeling, logical data modeling and physical relational data modeling and design
- Proven experience with data and technical requirement analysis, data modeling tools (ex: with Erwin/Embarcadero), verification, and various development methodology
- Proven experience in data integration methodology - ETL (Extract- Transform- Load), data staging, data distribution, data warehousing, data quality, business information modeling and conceptual data modeling
Social Process Skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers, analysts, and business staff throughout the organization
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and concepts
- Ability to express complex technical information in a user-friendly language and style; present information effectively in one-on-one and group settings
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products in the data domain
- Excellent data architecture and support documentation skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize assignments and multi-task to transition between changing priorities in a fast paced working environment
- Excellent customer service skills along with creative thinking and innovative approach
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 4-6 years hands on experience with data modeling, development and query optimization with MS SQL Server
- 2-3 years hands on experience data modeling, querying and optimization using MongoDB or a similar NoSQL platform.
- 2-3 years hands on experience with MS SSIS or similar ETL tool.
- 1-2 years of experience in utilizing Big Data platforms and tools sets
- Experience in large scale data oriented projects, architecture and design related disciplines
- Hands on experience with either DB2 and MySQL is a nice to have
- Experienced in building and maintaining Enterprise Data Warehouses.
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.