Dynacare is currently looking for a Technical Support Services Specialist to join their team in Brampton, Ontario. This is a Full-Time position working Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM.
The Technical Support Services Specialist accountable for recommending, developing, managing and continuously improving clinical protocols, methods, standards and practices within the function. Work cross-functionally with clinical managers, technical specialists and CD/QA professionals to ensure operational excellence and technical innovation within the function in support of Dynacare’s overall vision to be the trusted leader in transforming laboratory information and services in to solutions that improve health, wellness and the Canadian health care system.
- Utilize education and training to assist in the development and on-going improvement of clinical processes within the Laboratory Support Services function
- Recommend, develop, monitor and improve laboratory operations protocols, methods, standards and practices that apply to clinical departments
- Provide expertise and information related to the clinical requirements needed in laboratory information systems
- Lead or assist in the development of new test methodologies, new products and services and new equipment utilized in the laboratory operations support services function
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- In depth knowledge of various clinical laboratory operations, processes, key drivers and continuous improvement methodologies
- Project management theory education and related software training preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher and/or Quality Management post-secondary education preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced level of clinical expertise working with laboratory instruments and processes
- Ability to use advanced level of clinical expertise in instrument and process methodology problem solving
- Ability to problem solve at an advanced level by transferring theoretical knowledge into practical clinical applications
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively utilizing time management principles and tools
- Ability to perform test validations at an advanced level
- Solid working ability to utilize the Laboratory Information System (LIS) to access and analyze key data and create various reports
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications beyond an intermediate level
Social Process Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment in both leadership and support roles
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team members of various skill levels
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a concise, easily understood manner, both written and orally
- Ability to establish, maintain and work comfortably within a network of internal and external subject matter experts to maintain Dynacare’s profile and reputation in the scientific community
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people's lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detail-oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we're proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection and advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.