Dynacare is currently looking for a Fleet Maintenance and Compliance Manager to join their team in Brampton, ON. This is a Full-time position, working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
The Manager, National Fleet Maintenance and Compliance will be accountable for developing, implementing and monitoring fleet renewal, maintenance and disposition programs in order to keep Dynacare vehicles in compliance with Dynacare and Provincial and Federal standards and legislation requirements at the lowest, safe and sustainable, cost. This manager is also responsible to provide safety and operational leadership for Dynacare courier team in order to ensure proper use of assets, adherence to corporate policy, compliance with government regulations and maintain a safe working environment for employees. He/she will also ensure that these processes are in line with growth and operational excellence goals to support the achievement of Dynacare's vision , mission , strategic and operational objectives in line with Dynacare’s values.
- Establish standard processes to control Dynacare vehicle fleet: Inventory, acquisition, replacement, retirement, maintenance, usage, legislation compliance and others.
- Establish standard processes to control Dynacare courier group: Hiring, training, qualification, health and safety, career progression, modification of habits, warnings, among others.
- Act as a content expert and consultant to create policies, strategic and operational plans and direction with respect to continuous improvement initiatives regarding fleet safety, maintenance, operations and compliance.
- Research and evaluate vehicle alternatives for Dynacare in accordance with modern technologies and market trend in order to increase fleet efficiency and adequacy for growth and future needs.
- Develop and implement, upon approval, a 1 to 3 year vehicle renewal plan, including expected maintenance and operational costs and contingencies.
- Develop and track KPIs for fleet operations, maintenance, and health and safety. Prepare, submit and present regular internal reports.
- Track and control vehicles maintenance and operational costs. Propose and/or review agreements with 3rd party providers.
- Audit service provider performance by using standard processes KPIs and terms in agreements.
- Specify fleet typical vehicles and vehicle requirements to meet safety and operational needs (including accessorial for PDAs, telematics, transponders, paperwork, and other needs). Establish standards for drivers’ uniform, tools and equipment.
- Analyze and identify issues impacting operational and safety performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement to ensure Dynacare seamless operations and drivers’ harmony.
- Enhance and audit training programs. Train (and/or assist on training of) drivers and managers in legislation compliance, on-boarding, customer interaction, daily routines (loading, searching, tracking, picking up, delivering and unloading), use and maintenance of vehicles, health and safety, use of technology in a vehicle (telematics, handheld applications, communication devices, and others).
- Create and maintain a Dynacare drivers’ safety and operational manual.
- Lead open forums with managers, cross functional teams and service providers to establish trends, needs and plans for Dynacare vehicle fleet.
- Ensure 100% compliance with Federal, Provincial and local government legislations, including Highway Traffic and Safety Act, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods regulations.
- Ensure compliance with vehicle (fleet) insurance, registration, license renewal, CVOR (or equivalent), leases, and other. Maintain individual vehicle files with the assistance of local management.
- Develop and implement program to ensure Driver’s compliance with legislation (including abstract checks) and Dynacare policies. Maintain individual drivers’ files with the assistance of local management. Review and follow up on any infractions
- Develop health and safety programs for drivers and fleet in collaboration with Dynacare H&S leaders. Train drivers and managers on these programs and strive for 100% adherence to them. Make continuous efforts to drive mitigation of risks.
- Participate in incident/accidents review committees. Track and Follow‐up on recommendations and corrective action in this matter. Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed. Elaborate ad‐hoc drivers and fleet performance and financial analyses. Provide inputs to reduce mileage, hours of services and fuel emissions (routing and fleet optimization).
- Inform the management team of any new or conflicting legislative matters that could impact operations, costs, and/or health and safety.
- Review/audit fleet and drivers’ related invoices. Assist with payment process.
- Create, audit and maintain databases or electronic means to perform activities/responsibilities.
- Lead, assist in the coaching and mentoring of the logistics team, especially on activities centered around fleet and resource utilization, health and safety, route optimization and information system.
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high degree of personal ethics, integrity and responsibility with an ability to deal with sensitive issues
- Understand issues that drive the business and how to effectively support the business to enhance growth
- General knowledge of medical laboratory and health service logistics operations
- Knowledge about Highway Traffic and Safety Act, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods regulations and how it affects a national logistics network.
- Understand logistics process systems and logistics benchmarks
- Must have knowledge of vehicle fleet and drivers’ technologies and trends
- University degree in Business, Science or Engineering a plus
- A recognized logistics and/or supply chain certification (CITT, P.LOG) with an MBA is an asset
- Proven ability to excel at strategic thinking and planning as well as tactical implementation
- Industry experience and a demonstrated track record in continuous improvement within an integrated logistics function, including superior technical knowledge fleet, drivers and H&S in transportation
- At least 3 years in a fleet and Occupational Health and Safety role in a transportation/logistics environment.
- Logistics leadership in a forward thinking and health service based organization
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comfortable with ambiguity, enjoys dealing with complexity and is at his/her best when balancing multiple projects within a dynamic, fast paced, high demand environment.
- Strong knowledge on Fleet technology and trends, and drivers/vehicles’ health and safety.
- Ability to perform financial and feasibility analysis on vehicle fleet.
- Capability to develop, implement and continuously improve Logistics Department functions
- Full proficiency with MS Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Visio and Project)
- Project Management skills
Social Process Skills
- A team player with a process‐oriented mindset and a track record of demonstrating superior business judgement
- Passion for leading and coaching others to succeed and be safe at all times
- Ability to collaboratively work with a National team and work cross‐functionally, turn a potential issue into a future opportunity and successfully manage crucial internal relationships
- Manage multiple ongoing projects from initial solution design through implementation
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Lead by example with the highest standards of ethics
- Effectively communicate the vision, mission, values and competencies of Dynacare to both internal and external audiences
- Strong conflict management and change management skills
- Ability and confidence to function independently and as part of a team
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.