Dynacare is currently searching for a Change Control Coordinator to join their Quality Assurance team in Brampton, Ontario. This highly skilled individual will be accountable for ensuring that changes to internal processes and outputs, equipment and computerized systems occur within a controlled environment. The Quality Assurance Change Control Coordinator will also ensure that changes are logged and documented, assessed for risk, appropriately validated and implemented in a manner that ensures no negative impacts to clients or internal operations. This is a 12 months contract role, working Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Maintain accurate logs of all changes to processes, results reporting, equipment, and computerized systems to ensure the protection of patient safety and company standing.
- Ensure appropriate testing, implementation, communication; training and back out plans are in place prior to change implementation. Change control is applicable to all internal processes, process outputs, equipment, and computerized systems.
- Assess all proposed changes to determine change scope and potential impact.
- Review changes to ensure appropriate approvals and authorizations have been obtained and closing out change requests.
- Ensure documented protocols for change requests are followed by user.
- Work with Master File Maintenance staff; coordinate the update of test master files with Dynacare website Test Directory and printed Directory of Client Services as well as Order entry systems and OLIS mappings where applicable.
- Act as a resource person for the medical laboratory staff with the handling of questions and concerns, regarding change control and validation inquiries.
- Provide training to staff and management when required
- Responsible for the review/audit of electronic and hard copy reporting formats to ensure appropriate format and content.
- Maintain the integrity of result reporting during amendments
- Will review incidents, complaints and CAPA’s
- Will handle coordination of incidents, complaints and CAPA’s
- Familiarity with all applicable laboratory regulations/guidelines
- Certification or degree required; Community College General Medical Laboratory Science Certification.
- 5-7 years previous related experience required to perform job
- Full proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
Nice to have:
- CMLTO Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist preferred
- Bilingualism – English and French would be an asset
- Additional training courses or workshops taken in equipment validation and leadership would be an asset.
- Demonstrated superior oral & written communication skills; strong decision-making skills, attention to detail, ability to effectively manage constraints and competing priorities; ability to multi-task on learning initiatives of varying complexity
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process