Dynacare is looking for a Manager, Specimen Processing to join our team in Ville St-Laurent, Québec. The Manager, Specimen Processing will be accountable for ensuring excellence, quality & efficient utilization of resources, budget implementation along with strong, positive employee relations. Working hours would be Monday to Friday- 9 am to 5 pm adjustable upon operational needs.
- Participate in the development, execution, and assessment of the company's Lean Strategy.
- Analyze transactional processes and identify the cause of problems using problem-solving methodologies. Develop solutions to problems and identify potential problems
- Includes developing, implementing and reviewing a 3-24 month business plan and an optimal organization design to deliver sustained excellence in the development and execution of functional programs
- Work with the Manager, LHSC and the Manager, Laboratory Operations to execute effectively on all aspects of accountabilities
- Accountable for ensuring the implementation and monitoring of policies, standards and practices
- Encourage trust and open communication through addressing staff concerns and inquiries. Ensure fair and equitable treatment of staff is practiced in all interactions and within Employment Standards guidelines
- Effective management of Health and Safety programs to ensure compliance and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the management team by providing input into strategic business planning as well as ongoing review and analysis of programs and systems to ensure continuous improvement targets are achieved
- Accountable for staffing, team building, training and development, and conducting performance appraisals to ensure attainment of departmental goals and objectives
- Ensure proactive customer service is provided, including professional and personal assistance to all internal and external clients and answering inquiries
- Establish, monitor and report on compliance and quality metrics to monitor processes and guide quality improvement
- Analyze and identify issues impacting operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in an area such as manufacturing, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or engineering technology or Diploma or degree in a health care field, business, management
- Ability to use MS Office suite of products
- Able to apply great attention to detail, and ability to effectively manage time and competing priorities (ability to multi-task)
- Proven coaching and mentoring approach to improvement
- Strong problem solving and issues resolution abilities
- Able to calmly and professionally respond to employee / client needs, often in stressful situations
- Must be able to perform under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated mastering of interpersonal skills and techniques to interact effectively with others at all levels
- Knowledge of managerial leadership systems and processes
- Proven managerial leadership experience, preferably in a health care setting
- Knowledge of business and operational planning, including resource allocation
- Knowledge of best practice customer service techniques
Nice to have:
- Six Sigma certification and formal training/certification in lean manufacturing
- Knowledge of continuous improvement practices and processes preferably in a data entry, customer service, or warehouse environment
- Proven experience implementing Six Sigma and lean manufacturing tools in an environment similar to a medical laboratory environment
- Minimum of five years of continual improvement experience with proven results
- Demonstrated history of achieving lean transformation through value stream mapping, process mapping, 5-S, Kaizen, continual improvement programs, and visual factory elements
- Create and improve Value Streams and Process Maps to better serve the internal and external customers
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process
Dedicated to Employment Equity