Dynacare is looking for a Medical Laboratory Technologist to join our Chemistry department in St-Laurent, QC. This is a 6 months’ contract role working 37.5 hours per week. The position works Monday through Friday between 2:30 p.m to 11:00 p.m. and weekends on rotation from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. The schedule may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
- Performing medical biology laboratory testing, associated with the following departments; biochemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunochemistry and toxicology, according to the procedures and instructions of the assigned departments (as needed)
- Validating, communicate and distribute results (as needed)
- Calibrating instruments (as needed) Performing quality control (as needed)
- Completing all records and forms used by the department
- Management of necessary documentation
- Completing end of day tasks (list of work, statistics, etc.) of assigned departments.
- Performing maintenance of equipment
- Taking the necessary measures in the event of an emergency or equipment failure
- Providing training to new staff
- Maintaining order and cleanliness of the location at all times
- Responding to calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Assisting other related departments within the laboratory as required
- All other related tasks
- Member of « l'Ordre Professionnel des Technologistes Médicaux du Québec » OPTMQ and/or CSMLS
- Experience working in a medical laboratory
- Master of good medical laboratory practices
- Excellent computer skills and strong data entry skills
- French language is mandatory for this role
Nice to have:
- Respectful of others and the ability to work in a team environment
- Autonomous, responsible, and good organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Available to work overtime
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
In addition, I exhibit the following behaviors everyday: Respects and values others, focuses on customers and builds positive working relations.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.