Dynacare is currently searching for a Laboratory Assistant to join our Laboratory and Health Services Centres team in Ottawa, Ontario. This is a regular full-time position working Tuesday to Saturday from different locations - St Joseph Orleans , Bank Street and Montreal Road offices.
- Obtaining quality blood samples and other specimens from patients using skillful venipuncture techniques.
- Sorting and steering specimens, performing ECG’s, Holter Hookups, paternity, urine, drug and breath alcohol collections
- Ensuring specimens and supporting documentation are completed as required in SOP’s and ready for data entry and transportation to the laboratory following established protocols for the handling of suitable and unsuitable samples
- Ensuring all confidential information is maintained in a secure fashion
- Completion of Secondary School and a Laboratory Assistant training program, with specialized training in phlebotomy
- Demonstrated skill in phlebotomy and ability to manage anxious patients through the sample obtaining process in a pleasant, calming and reassuring manner
- Being a DOT certified Breath Alcohol Technician
- Demonstrated ability to data enter information accurately and efficiently with advanced ability to proof-read, identify and correct errors
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and self-manage in a deadline oriented
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, at a level that enables you to communicate instructions, clearly and understandably, to patients
- Availability to travel between locations in the Ottawa area
- Bilingualism (French and English)
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accomodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.