Dynacare is currently searching for an Application Support Analyst to join our team in St. Laurent, Quebec. This a permanent, full-time position working 37.5 hours per week.
Part of Clinical Application support team the Application Support Analyst will be responsible for:
- Delivering first level and second level support to internal and external business users by troubleshooting, resolving and involving internal third level support and/or suppliers as required in order to address application errors, data discrepancies, user inquiries, and similar issues
- Reviewing of all IT Change Requests to application systems used in Manitoba in order to ensure alignment with the organization policies and procedures
- Accountable for risk analysis of submitted changes against probability of success based on presented change requests against required criteria
- Assisting in change deployment schedule to avoid overlapping change conflicts and business impact while ensuring business goals are achieved
- Monitor application health using reports, alerts, and other sources to identify performance trends or potential issues; Identify solutions to these issues based on the collected data and industry best practices
- Providing monthly Application/Service KPI report metrics to the technical lead of Clinical Application support team and ITSS Senior Management regarding Capacity, Infrastructure Load and Application Performance
- Assisting in the development of customizations, and performing and/or assisting with application configurations and development and execution of testing plans
- Providing guidance and support to projects affecting application systems, and participate in project implementations
- Assisting in producing audit related documentation for application systems as required
- Liaising with software suppliers, internal and external business users and other IT personnel on the development of enhancements, customizations and configurations to overcome known problems or address specific business requirements
- Managing access to the corporate environment for all software vendors that provide services or support the company applications in accordance with the organizational policies and procedures
- Working with software vendors in all production change promotions to ensure best outcomes
- Managing software suppliers for adherence to service and performance agreements
- Reviewing release notes and making recommendations on implementation timelines of new releases in order to ensure business needs are met
- Reviewing applications configurations and making recommendations on new configurations/implementation of new features in order to ensure application usage is optimized and investments made in technology solutions are maximized
SKILLED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-Secondary Education: 4 years
- Certification or degree required: Diploma in computer science or similar diploma
- Strong understanding of industry leading best practices
- Strong understanding of SDLC and ITIL is desirable
- Analytical and technical Skills in troubleshooting application issues
- Experience with MS SQL and other relational databases
- Good knowledge of software frameworks and languages such as .NET, ASP, and SQL
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure components.
- Basic knowledge of Local Area Network and Wide Area networks
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment with solid organizational, multi-tasking capability and prioritization skills
- Good knowledge of Windows based systems – Windows 7/Windows 10/Server 2003/Server 2008/Server 2012
- Knowledge and Experience pertaining to Laboratory Information Systems or Health IT Solutions is desirable
- Good knowledge of system integration approaches and health IT integration strategies and platforms
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a similar role in a healthcare setting is considered an asset
Social Process Skills
- Superior communication and customer service skills
- Ability to drive change through coaching and influencing skills
- Ability to adapt and collaborate in a fast pace environment
- Strong Ability to speak and write technical English
- French language ability oral and written an asset
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Manitoba Human Rights Commission and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.