At Dynacare, we are focused on supporting healthy lives of Canadians with commitment and care. Every day our employees impact the lives of tens of thousands of patients and healthcare providers across Canada by delivering high-quality laboratory and health services. If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to have a positive impact on the lives of others, Dynacare may be the place for you!
As we grow and diversify our business, we’re looking for a Cardiac Sonographer for our Cardiology department to join our team. This is a full-time role based out of Clinics in GTA. If you strive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment, this opportunity may be for you!
- Perform diagnostic echocardiography procedures/examinations and related duties and work in collaboration with cardiologists, physicians and other health care professionals.
- Maintain professional standards at all times to cardiologists, physicians and patients.
- Be flexible to visit different physician locations on time on scheduled days.
- Maintain regular contact with all key touch-points in order to provide accurate support and resolve service delivery issues.
- Observe patients during diagnostic procedures, making note of any symptoms or changes in vital signs and summons medical aid when necessary.
- Obtain quality images as per echocardiography standards to aid in the monitoring of cardiac health.
- Attend trade displays and training sessions as required
- Demonstrate excellent bed-side manners and willingness to help the patients.
- Perform stress tests, holter monitor hook up and scanning. (Preferred)
- Monitor examination by viewing images, to evaluate quality and consistency of diagnostic images, and make adjustments to equipment, as required
- Perform quality control checks on ultrasound equipment to ensure proper operation and perform minor repairs and adjustments as required
- Some travel is required
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in Cardiac Diagnostic Medical Sonography / Adult Echocardiography.
- Must be American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP) certified.
- Demonstrate accuracy and diligence in recording, storing and processing scanned images.
- Ensure that equipment is well kept and in good working order.
- Familiarity using GE Vivid I Machines. (Preferred)
Social Process Skills
- Greet the patient, explain the forthcoming test, position the patient and prepare them for the examination.
- Observe and care for patients throughout examinations to ensure patient safety and comfort.
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.