Dynacare is looking for a Junior Telecommunication Specialist to join our Information & Technology Solutions and Services team in Brampton,ON. This is a regular full-time role working 37.5 hours per week.
- Performs equipment installations (Servers, Switches, and routers) and relocation of equipment as required.
- Provides first level technical support of existing informations systems/network and telephony locally and remotely. This includes on-call status and occasional travel to remote locations.
- Responsibilities include Service Desk (receiving and coordinating in-house inquiries), as well as problem resolution and fulfillment of service requests regarding Telecom infrastructure. Also includes contacting appropriate service personnel at Dynacare and/or vendors and follow-up as required for complete and timely resolution. Logs calls and troubleshoots hardware and/or software with contract vendors.
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance, testing and resolution of all hardware and associated peripherals: telephony and network devices. Verifies that the systems are operating correctly to ensure business needs are met.
- From time to time there is a requierment to setup equipments(switches, routers, UPSs, etc.) in the main labs in different locations. This position will be responsible for acqusition, reciveing, unpacking, mounting and configuration of all the equipments for telecom.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, configuration, administration and set up of the netwrok and telephony related incidents, problems and proactive alert monitoring and resolution.
- Develops and maintains up to date procedure manuals for Q/A department and IQ /RFQ documents for the changes and new implementations.
- Excellent customer service skills is a must
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of workstation operating systems and network hardware and software and ability to learn new equipment and procedures quickly.
- Ability to lift equipments such as heavy network devices and other perpherials
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules
- Demonstrated technical skills, with the ability to learn new equipment and procedures quickly.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Operating Systems, and Switch and router configurations, as well as CISCO devices and environment.
- A minimum of 1 year working in PC hardware, software and network administration
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Ability to make sound decisions to ensure SLA’s are met and business operations are not impacted
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a teams
- Comfortable with working and communicating with management
Nice to have:
- CISCO Certification (CCNA, CCNP) qualification is an asset.
- Bilingualism (English and French)
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.