Dynacare is currently looking for a Technical Specialist to join our Histology team in Brampton, ON. This is a regular full time position working Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
The Histology Technical Specialist will draw upon expertise in diagnostic testing, experience, proven technical skills and insights on work-flow design to fulfill the following accountabilities:
- Provide In-depth technical expertise to Dynacare Histology laboratories
- Monitor, measure and report Pathology performance metrics; analyze and identify issues impacting operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement
- Project leadership for implementing major departmental initiatives as required
- Evaluation of new methods/instrumentation/work-flows as outlined by the Scientific and Operational Director
- Provide advice, trouble-shooting and technical support to technologists and others as needed
- Serve as a resource to Pathology staff in interpretation of challenging specimens and trends, communicate with associated physicians and pathologists, and respond to calls and queries
- Engage in knowledge exchange/transfer by teaching and training staff, as needed. Perform method validation as outlined by the Director and, prepares and submits the necessary documentation to fulfill Quality Assurance and Accreditation compliance
- Responsible for reviewing Quality control results and updating Individualized Quality Control Plan with annual data
- Accountable for discussing process deviations in with seniors and managers, advising follow-up corrective actions and assists with CAPA submission, if needed
- The Technical Specialist will maintain the title of “Technical Supervisor” for the purposes of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) with good standing with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS)
- Experience and proven technical skills (proficiency and competency) in diagnostic testing, specifically in the disciplines of Histology and Cytology.
- Experience working with human tissue and cell samples
- Clinical Pathology principles
- Preparing slides, tissue staining, and using specialized laboratory equipment
- Accreditation in Lab Inspection requirements
- Attention to detail in the evaluation of new methods, test validation, root cause investigation
- Solution seeking and willing to consider alternative suggestions; creative approaches
- Diligent, dedicated to completion of tasks/projects
- Adaptable to changing priorities or timelines in the department or the organization
- Enthusiasm to explore new methods and approaches
- Open to dialogue and constructive feedback
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.