At Dynacare, we are focused on supporting healthy lives of Canadians with commitment and care. Every day our employees impact the lives of tens of thousands of patients and health-care providers across Canada by delivering high-quality laboratory and health services. If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to have a positive impact on the lives of others, Dynacare may be the place for you!
As we grow and diversify our business, we’re looking for a Scientific Director, Anatomical Pathology to join our team.
The Scientific Director, Anatomical Pathology is accountable to the Vice-President, Strategies & Innovation for leveraging technical/scientific expertise in the discipline of Anatomical Pathology thereby allowing dedicated and national focus on science and technology issues, common standards and discipline-specific planning. He/she will be accountable for the goodness of Anatomical Pathology by developing, managing and continuously improving Anatomical Pathology to support the achievement of immediate manager’s vision, mission, strategic and operational objectives in accordance with the organization’s values.
- Develop, implement and review stratum appropriate (1 to 2 year) business plan within the context of immediate manager’s business plan (including mission, vision, values, strategic positioning, operational plan and resources plan)
- Assess competition and market opportunities and threats; recommend appropriate plans; and implement decided actions (when relevant)
- Ensure the delivery of optimal Anatomical Pathology results against appropriate performance metrics (systems, processes, procedures and activities)
- Establish, monitor, measure and report Anatomical Pathology performance metrics; analyze and identify issues impacting operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement to ensure all Compliance, Regulatory, and Quality standards are upheld for Anatomical Pathology; as well as continuous examination for Anatomical Pathology Scientific differentiation for Dynacare
- Strategically plan and identify for Anatomical Pathology, the necessary budget information requirements, and the provision of leading edge technology for the organization through new equipment platforms, automation solutions, Quality Assurance and Regulatory compliance needs
- Provide leadership with respect to the innovative use of advanced science and technology, the provision of expert knowledge and meaningful information to our customers and the overall enhancement of Dynacare scientific vision and reputation as it pertains to Anatomical Pathology
- Determine common standards, policies, and procedures in Anatomical Pathology that align with applicable external regulatory requirements, customer expectations and corporate directions
- Serve as a resource to Anatomical Pathology staff in interpretation of challenging results and trends, communicate with associated physicians’, and respond to calls/call back and query
- Ensure the practice of good Laboratory Medicine throughout Dynacare as it pertains to Anatomical Pathology by providing the necessary oversight, advice and direction as needed
- Maintain and enhance the integrity of Anatomical Pathology function with the organization and to promote external visibility through presentations, publications and appropriate representation on external provincial and national committees
- Develop, implement and review control mechanisms and processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and Dynacare requirements and ensure mitigation risks
- Develop and nurture a culture of safety, quality, service, performance, innovation, adaptiveness in all tasks performed and fair treatment across Anatomical Pathology
- Develop and maintain (geographical/functional) networks and apply knowledge to plans and actions (when relevant)
- Establish and enhance Dynacare as a leader in Anatomical Pathology industry and community
- D. or M.D. degree in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Extensive knowledge of Anatomical Pathology with a minimum of 10 years' experience
- Understanding of Laboratory Operations
- Ability to effectively plan and execute projects while managing multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within functional and cross functional teams
- Ability to lead and motivate
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process