Dynacare is currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to work in the Operations team in Winnipeg, MB. This is a regular full time position working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours/week.
The Laboratory Manager is accountable for the operation of the department in accordance with Dynacare’s strategic pillars and leadership competencies. Primary functions include strategic departmental management, incorporation of efficiencies and innovations, business analytics and ensuring strong, positive employee relations.
- Model all Dynacare Core and Leadership competencies: Respects and Values Others, Focuses on Customers, Builds Positive Working Relationships, Drives Results, Strives for Innovation, Leads Change by Engaging Others, Communicates Effectively, develops Others, Acts Strategically, Thinks Enterprise-wide
- Manage the departmental business planning and goal development process, including developing and executing a one-year business plan
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies, plans and continuous improvement programs that align with the strategic pillars.
- Develop, maintain and foster an environment of positive employee relations and strong teamwork while working in compliance with established human resources policies and practices.
- Provide managerial leadership to direct reports
- Manage compliance: collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and statistics
- Accountable for monitoring a quality control program as per established guidelines
- Reviews and interprets QA results, acts to correct any potential violations and recommends corrective action where appropriate
- Manage department requirements: this includes scheduling, staffing, training, performance evaluation, coaching and recognition.
- Manage departmental budget and financial obligations including adhering to budget requirements annually
- Assist with the communication of information in a concise and timely manner to all staff regarding policy changes and other pertinent issues
- Recommend, implement and monitor departmental procedures, policies and standards.
- Reports all inconsistencies to the Director of Operations and Medical Director respectively.
- Extensive experience working in a management role reporting on metrics and providing strong leadership to direct reports in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated experience in measuring KPI’s and analysing the associated metrics.
- Proven ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines
- A hands-on management approach that encourages change and creative problem solving
- Strong change management understanding and the ability to manage people through change.
- Experience participating in annual budget proposals and managing departmental financial obligations.
- Proven ability to create, manage and maintain strong customer relations
- Interpersonal skills and techniques to interact effectively with direct reports and others
- Ability to effectively manage constraints and competing priorities
- Experience in motivating, developing and managing people.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, strong decision-making skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Experience in applying project management principles and techniques
Nice to have:
- Undergraduate degree or specialization in a health care field
- Experience working within a union environment.
- Continuous improvement understanding or experience
- Lean Six Sigma certification
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.