Dynacare is currently searching for a Medical Laboratory Technologist (Quality Assurance Coordinator) to join their team in Brampton, Ontario. This is a Full-Time role, working Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This highly skilled individual will provide support for the coordination of Corporate Quality Assurance programs, policies, procedures, concerns and audits to ensure continued successful accreditation. This role will liaise with various departments to effect resolution of problems, and inquire and interact with clients and regulatory agencies. The Corporate Quality Assurance Coordinator will work very closely with employees and colleagues as an important member of the Corporate Quality Assurance team.
- Review EQA flags, generate reports as appropriate, and bring to the attention of the Manager, Corporate Quality and Compliance.
- Maintain various reports and indicators in Quality Assurance (QA) and submit to the Manager, Corporate Quality and Compliance for inclusion in the annual QA report.
- Monitor computer based Corrective and Preventive Actions Program to ensure that incidents are recorded and resolved within established time-frames.
- Participate in handling complaints and inquiries from clients, physicians, patients, and staff to ensure the effective resolution of quality issues.
- Report all unresolved and outstanding incidents, complaints, and CAPAs to the Manager, Corporate Quality and Compliance for escalation
- Assist in the development and documentation of Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs) in the Corporate Quality Assurance Department.
- Prepares various reports as requested including those requiring statistical analysis.
- Remain current on all Dynacare pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical policies and procedures.
- Remain current on various regulatory and accrediting bodies’ requirements.
- Supports the Corporate QA Validation Specialist with verification activities.
- Supports the Corporate QA Auditor with audit activities.
- Participates in various special projects as required, compiles, and prepares statistical data for reports.
- Provide proactive customer-oriented services.
- Provide prompt professional and courteous customer service support to all external and internal clients
- Ensure customer satisfaction through investigation and follow-up on concerns.
- Measure and analyze processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Preserve and safeguard all confidential information.
- Interacts with and coordinates their activities with the managers and various staff in Dynacare.
- CMLTO Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist is required
- Full proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills is required.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with applicable laboratory regulations/guidelines (IQMH, ISO , CAP, FDA) and overall operations of a medical laboratory is an asset
- French language proficiency is an asset
- Bachelor of Science is an asset
- Lean Six Sigma certified (Greenbelt) is an asset.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated superior oral & written communication skills; strong decision-making skills, attention to detail, ability to effectively manage constraints and competing priorities; ability to multi-task on learning initiatives of varying complexity
- This position requires occasional travel within Canada covering a period of time ranging from one day to one week.
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process