Dynacare is looking for a Team Lead – Insurance Customer Care to work in the Customer Service Team in London, ON. This is a regular Full-Time role working 37.5 hours per week, various shifts.
The Team Lead – Insurance Customer Care is accountable for providing leadership to the assigned team. This position is responsible for monitoring the day to day operations of the department(s) which includes the coaching of staff, workflow, client services and overseeing occupational health and safety within assigned sites. As needed, this role will be required to perform the duties of a CSR (take phone calls, fax, etc) in order to maintain Service Level and Abandon Rate KPIs.
- Manage department(s) day to day operations and communicates concerns to Manager.
- Professionally handle customer issue escalations transferred from front-line staff.
- Works directly with staff in conjunction with Manager, Customer Care to achieve operational goals.
- Recommend changes to maintain high level of productivity in conjunction with the leadership of the Manager, Customer Care.
- Coaches and mentors staff on operational and quality errors and provide direction as appropriate.
- Monitor and adjust department workflow with the goal to ensure optimal efficiency and exceed caller wait-time targets.
- Creates a positive working environment by listening and soliciting employee feedback.
- Provide assistance to employees with the development, interpretation, implementation and updates of the department’s related policies, procedures, and manuals as required.
- Utilize Contact Centre measurements and technology to make recommendations to reduce abandon rates and average speed of answer and increase service level.
- Work with department(s) and Manager, Customer Care to ensure department is appropriately staffed at all times.
- Ensure all documentation and training is up to date and that employees have read, understood and comply with all required guidelines relating to maintenance, certification, and training.
- Participates and assists with the interview and hiring process, training, motivation, and evaluation providing staff development and continuing education opportunities.
- Communicate and document issues and complaints (as required) to Manager, Customer Care or designates.
- Reinforce strategic objectives by ensuring accuracy, quality and productivity- critical to quality
- Post-Secondary Diploma or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of experience within a similar role
- Strong, proven ability to problem solve complex customer situations / concerns
- Excellent command of English and French
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Call/Contact Centre methodologies, systems, processes.
- Continuous improvement mindset of bringing forward recommendations, collecting data and implementing solutions
- Proven ability to handle customer escalations in a professional, helpful manner
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment
Nice to have:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Understanding of Laboratory Medicine
- Knowledge of CISCO Contact Centre platforms
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Experience with CRM platforms
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accomodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process