The Manager, Program Planning and Control is accountable for the seamless and efficient onboarding of new clients, the planning of work throughout the laboratory, LHSCs and Logistics teams, and the ongoing monitoring of customer deliverables. In addition, they are responsible for driving proactive engagement amongst key internal stakeholders to ensure that all customer obligations in a cost efficient and effective manner.
- Drives a continuous improvement and customer centric culture
- Develops people ensuring that performance gaps and development opportunities are addressed with robust Individual Development Plans
- Leads a team of Operations Program Managers and Clinical Trial Program Coordinators to drive seamless onboarding new clients (including Institutional, Clinical Trials, Insurance, Toxicology, Ministry of Health, Logistics and LHSCs) and ensuring Operations is poised to delight the customer
- Establishes, monitors, measures and reports assigned program performance metrics; analyzes and identifies issues impacting operational performance and establishes initiatives for continuous improvement to ensure meeting of customer expectations, operational effectiveness, quality, reliability, on-time delivery while providing professional customer service to all internal and external clients
- Ensures the delivery of optimal program results against appropriate performance metrics (systems, processes, procedures and activities)
- Develops and implements strategies that maintain and improve employee relations and that engage and empower employees to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Leads the development and execution of the department’s strategic and operational goals to ensure effective implementation of the programs cross-functionally throughout the organization
- Drives proactive engagement to identify issues impacting operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensures proactive professional customer service to all internal and external clients, investigating inquiries, reviewing customer complaints and implementing corrective actions as appropriate
- Develops, implements and reviews control mechanisms and processes to ensure compliance to Dynacare policies, standards, regulatory requirements and contractual obligations to ensure risk mitigation
- Defines, monitors and delivers on program scope, schedule, milestones, budget, and deliverables that support the business goals in collaboration with all stakeholders
- Maintains effective and regular communication with all stakeholders on all program related matters
- Works with our Sales and Marketing team to operationalize study-related requirements
- Focuses on achieving customer/stakeholder satisfaction and a reliable, valuable partner with customers and stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Understanding of laboratory operations, clinical research and operations management as demonstrated through 5 or more years of industry related experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of laboratory operations, processes and key drivers to ensure positive customer relations
- Possess strong business/financial acumen
- Knowledge of external factors that impact physicians, Institutional and Corporate customer relations
- Knowledge of Health Care System in Canada and funding models
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory operations, processes, key drivers and customer relations
- MLT/BSc education qualification is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt certification
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understands and promotes principles of quality management and continuous improvement including a good working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma
- Strong financial and project management skills
- Capability to develop and implement a 1 to 2 year business plan
- Working knowledge of database management
- Knowledge of FDA GxP Pharmaceutical Industry Regulations and Guidelines
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize work using time management skills and techniques in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite of programs
- Excellent organizational skills
Social Process Skills
- Exceptional Customer Service Orientation
- Strong change management and communication skills
- Strong leadership presence with solid bias for action and results oriented approach
- Effective at conflict resolution
- Capacity to work effectively as a member of the Laboratory operations team
- Capacity to build and lead the Customer Care team
- Able to effectively lead, manage and participate in a cross-functional environment in support of the corporate goals and objectives
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings, manage conflict and champion change
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills required to succeed in a collaborative environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated in ability to make persuasive presentations and explain complex concepts to differing audiences
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accomodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process