At Dynacare, we are focused on supporting healthy lives of Canadians with commitment and care. Every day our employees impact the lives of tens of thousands of patients and healthcare providers across Canada by delivering high-quality laboratory and health services. If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to have a positive impact on the lives of others, Dynacare may be the place for you!
As we grow and diversify our business, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Cardiac Sonographer for our Cardiology department to join our team. This is a full-time role based out of Clinics in GTA. If you strive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment, this opportunity may be for you!
Reporting to the Medical Director and Director of Operations, this position requires management of technologists and provides expertise in cardiac sonography and imaging procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES, RELEVANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively manage scheduling, training and assisting both echo and stress technicians working for Heart health services.
- Managing technician scheduling and ensuring smooth operational workflow by working together with other team members.
- Ability to work on protocols, update relevant clinical information as per CCN guidelines, train fellow technicians on updated protocols, create SOPs and ensure they are followed at all locations.
- Ability to manage and streamline processes at every location serviced by Heart Health Services.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment (both echo and stresses) when required
- Must have exceptional skills in understanding basic software requirements for working equipment.
- Ensuring that cardiologist’s demands are met and turnaround times are appropriately followed.
- Ability to provide support in clinic operations as and when required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively relate to client/patient population and possess exceptional bed side manners.
- Demonstrated ability to work responsibly in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, travel to different clinics on scheduled days (including weekends).
- Demonstrated effective communication (written and verbal), organization and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills, critical thinking and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced clinical environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and judgment appropriate for the position.
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining and improving individual competence.
- Must have Valid Driver’s License and vehicle.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of a recognized program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography with a minimum of 1 year on-the-job experience (placement training included).
- Current registration with A.R.D.M.S. and/or C.A.R.D.U.P.
- Certification in Cardiac Imaging and adult echocardiography.
- Experience in following complete protocol as per Cardiac Care Network requirements for performing adult sonography.
- Experience in performing full protocol resting echos and stress echos.
- Experience working in a mobile clinic setting an asset.
- 1 years of recent experience as an Echo Technologist (preferred).
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process