Dynacare is currently looking for a Manager of Hematology to join their Brampton team. This position is a permanent, full-time, day shift opportunity.
The Manager, Hematology is accountable for the operation of the Hematology Department in accordance with Dynacare’s Strategic and Operating Plans. This includes operational management at the employee, administrative and technical levels. Primary functions include ensuring strong, positive employee relations, excellence and quality, efficient utilization of resources and budget implementation. Foster a culture of quality and internal and external customer service by developing and initiating programs and policies that consistently promote service, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Provide managerial leadership, develop, maintain and foster an environment of positive employee relations and strong teamwork, encouraging trust and open communication while working in compliance with established human resources policies and practices
- Oversee the development of direct reports through training, performance evaluation and management, coaching and recognition ensuring prompt communication of information necessary for success
- Evaluate, recommend, implement and monitor departmental procedures, policies and standards
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies, plans and continuous improvement programs that align with the business goals and support the function, department and company objectives
- Oversee scientific and technical functioning of the department, manage compliance through collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and statistics, review and interpret QC results and take corrective action
- Oversee methodology and equipment, assist with the development or changes in methods as required
- Undergraduate degree or specialization in health care or related field (Hematology)
- CMLTO registered Medical Laboratory Technologist, in good standing
- Experience in applying project management principles using associated software/programs (MS Project)
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory/managerial experience with a demonstrated ability to manage the performance of a team
- Demonstrated ability to schedule a team effectively, anticipating problems and proactively recommending solutions
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate quality standards and processes and make recommendations for improvement
- In-depth knowledge of statistics and management reports with demonstrated ability to apply the information in pursuit of continuous improvement
- Full proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Effective planning, time management, decision-making and organizational ability as demonstrated by ability to prioritize, adapt and lead a team through a frequently changing business environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills in making recommendations for improvement for both process and people related challenges
- Demonstrated success at building relationships and collaborating with a network of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to identify strengths and bring out the best in a team of diverse direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and adapt communication style to the unique needs of the targeted audience, applying strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation with an aptitude for troubleshooting and anticipating customer needs
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated ability to apply continuous improvement methodologies in a laboratory environment (Lean Six Sigma certification) an asset
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.