The Manager, Lab operations is accountable for the operation of a number of departments within the Ottawa lab. This includes strong people leadership, administrative and technical knowledge. Primary functions include ensuring strong, positive employee relations, excellence and quality, efficient utilization of resources and budget implementation. This role is key in nurturing our values based culture - promote customer service, quality and customer satisfaction. This role works very closely with employees and is an important member of the management team.
- Lead an environment of positive employee relations and strong teamwork while working in compliance with established practices.
- Be inclusive and encourage trust and open communication by addressing staff concerns and inquiries.
- Manage compliance; collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and statistics
- Responsible for the technical functioning of the department; ensure appropriate methodology and equipment are in place and assists in developing new method or changes in existing methods
- Accountable for monitoring a quality control program as per established guidelines
- Reviews and interprets QA results, acts to correct any potential violations and recommends corrective action where appropriate
- Manage department requirements; this includes staffing, training, performance evaluation, coaching and recognition.
- Assist with the communication of information in a concise and timely manner to all staff regarding policy changes and other pertinent issues
- Manage the departmental business planning and goal development process, including developing and executing a one-year business plan.
- Reviews operations with Director of Lab Operations.
- Undergraduate degree or specialization in a health care field or equivalent experience related to the position
- Five to seven years of previous people leadership experience that supports an open and inclusive environment
- Experience in planning, preparing, and devising work schedules.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and processes for providing customer satisfaction. This includes meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of processes.
- In-depth knowledge of statistics and management reports.
- Full proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in applying project management principles and techniques
- Ability to effectively manage constraints and competing priorities; ability to multi-task and demonstrated success in both
- Strong decision-making ability to effectively manage constraints and competing priorities.
Nice to have:
- CMLTO registered Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Laboratory technical experience and knowledge in Microbiology, Histology, Cytology, Hematology and Chemistry disciplines.
- Lean Six Sigma
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process