- Use agility and expertise to successfully navigate through a complex labour relations environment and maintain very positive relations
- Balance needs of location management with a corporate HR agenda; Ensure regional leadership and presence on labour strategy, change management and people planning
- Act as a senior partner and trusted coach to leaders
- Mutually implement and execute business and HR programming and processes within the business unit
- Influence culture through attention to values and champion behaviors at the leadership level
- Fully Manage the management performance cycle – smart goal development, feedback coaching, calibration, total rewards support
- Fully Manage the talent cycle - director talent review and preparation with L&D, emerging talent (S1),
- Insight into development plan and improvement plan coaching, Succession mapping to each leader
- Ensure yearly compliance oversight within the business unit
- Leadership planning and coaching on headcount, attraction and skills trends for next 12 months
- Act as a defining force on engagement communications plan and proactively coach leaders on engagement and results cascade
- Articulate and act on insights that support engagement and provide people metrics including focus groups roll-out
- 7-10 years of labour relations experience with knowledge of collective bargaining an asset
- Equivalent combination of education and human resources experience
- 3 years of managing people
- Must be strategic, have a good professional presence, and possess strong planning and organizational skills and experience leading projects
- Ability to work toward a future vision / state without having all necessary details
- Ability to interact with all levels with comprehensive consultative, partnering, facilitating, and influencing/ negotiating skills
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information
- Experience in a multi-site environment is an asset
- Superior written and verbal communication skill
- Solid computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Strong analytic skills and superior ability to problem-solve
- Travel Required
Nice to have:
- Understanding of continuous improvement principles
- Participated or led collective bargaining
- Use of business acumen in bringing cases to the point of arbitration
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accomodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process